Become a Community Builder
Whether you are a person with developmental disabilities looking to make new connections, or a person interested in supporting someone, we are interested in hearing from you. Starfire supports 75+ adults with developmental disabilities in a direct, 1:1 model to connect each person socially through valued roles. Starfire supports people with developmental disabilities experiencing loneliness by connecting them to people and passions in their local area.
• Weekly one-on-one support toward community integration
• 100% community-based experiences based on interests of person
• Social network building
• Meaningful community participation
• Role attainment through volunteering, community projects, and employment
• Strength-driven activities
Our goal is to develop connections and social roles through weekly support that leads to a more robust social network for the people we serve.
Here’s a story about one woman who is building community in her neighborhood of lower price hill.
Inquire about our joining program by filling out this general form. If you are interested in a career with Starfire, please fill out the form and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com